Director of Grants and Research Programs
Dr. Secrest joined Plasma Energy Group with over thirty years of CEO and top executive experience with building organizations. He also has ten years as faculty member at a major research university.
He was the Program Director and Faculty member for IC2 Institute, The University of Texas at Austin’s Executive Master’s Degree Program in Technology Commercialization (MSTC).
Dr. Secrest’s business experience includes:
- Interim President at Stevens Water Monitoring, Portland, Oregon
- Management Advisor and Consultant– Sanford Burnham Priebus Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, CA
- Executive Chairman of the Board (1994-97). President (1997-98). Hydrolab Corporation, Austin, TX
- President and CEO, Scientific Measurement Systems, Inc. Austin, TX Where he secured research funding ro NSF, DOE, NIST, DOD and others
- President & Owner, Secrest Printing Company, Fort Smith, AR.
- Executive Vice President. Standard Meat Company, Fort Worth, TX. Company grew from $30 million to $125 million in four years and was sold to Sara Lee.
- Director of International Planning, Cooper Industries, Houston, TX
Dr. Secrest also held academic positions at the University of Texas, Austin; University of Texas at Arlington; Keio University, Tokyo, Japan; and LBJ School of Public Affairs, Austin, TX.
He has served as consultant to numerous organizations including:
- General Dynamics
- Johnson and Johnson
- Texas Instruments
- Panhandle Eastern
- Department of Education
- Education Commission of the States
- Small Business Administration
- National Science Foundation
Post-Graduate: Fulbright Senior Research Fellow in Business
Keio University, Tokyo, Japan.
Graduate: University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX., Ph.D. (Interdisciplinary – Management, Business, Public Affairs).
Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA., MBA
College: Tulane University, New Orleans, LA., BA